Klorigen - Sodium Hypochlorite Solutions
Considered Inherently Safe Technology (IST), Klorigen™ provides a safe and efficient alternative to traditional pressurized elemental chlorine gas and a lower cost option for commercial bulk-delivered sodium hypochlorite (a.k.a. “bleach” or “liquid chlorine”). This technology allows users to generate an effective broadband disinfectant at the point of usage and on demand, eliminating any possibility of hazardous release and operating with efficiencies that deliver savings in nearly every application.
Klorigen™ generators uniquely combine the electrolysis of brine with advanced membrane technology to deliver chlorine gas at atmospheric pressure and caustic soda at 15% concentration. In addition, the process may combine these two products to produce sodium hypochlorite at concentrations up to 15%.
Klorigen™ systems satisfy chlorine requirements from 40 pounds per day to over 20 tons. Important features include:
- Automatic chlorine production generated on demand at atmospheric pressure and educted directly into the treatment stream;
- Klorigen™ systems can produce chlorine, sodium hydroxide and sodium hypochlorite (at 5% to 15% concentration) - all simultaneously;
- Easily adjustable output with 10:1 turndown ratio, resulting in consistent operating efficiencies at any production rate from 10% to 100% of design capacity;
- Minimal operator involvement (averaging less than 1 hr / day);
- Modularization of the compact design permits simple expansion as demand grows. Systems are preassembled and tested prior to shipping to minimize installation time and expense;
- Complete compatibility with existing disinfection systems